I read this quote on one of my favorite blogs on Thanksgiving Day...a great reminder of how we can turn the not so good, into positive things. This Thanksgiving, as with every one...and every day of the year for that matter, I am most thankful for my family. Our parents and sisters are the most wonderful support system in this fun, exciting, but sometimes overwhelming, point in our lives. And I'm thankful for our own little family of three, almost four...the one, amazing, child we've been blessed with and the one on the way...and for my wonderful husband who is able to provide for us the way he does. My life is full and complete because of each of these people.
We had a great Thanksgiving with John's family and my dad and sister. I was excited to actually all be able to sit down at one table together, our new table, and enjoy our feast for the very first time ever.

And after our wonderful meal, Sam surprised us with a special treat...either a stomach virus or food poisoning...still don't know which. We went through countless sets of sheets, and a number of baths that night, and John had to sleep in the extra bed in Sam's room. Funny thing is that not one of the rest of us got sick that night or later. Very puzzling. But, it was the first time he's ever thrown up and it was an experience for all us. He was quite scared and is somewhat consumed with "needing to throw up" now. I think every little feeling...hunger, fullness, digestion...he has, makes him scared he's going to throw up. Since Thursday night, he's asked for a bowl no fewer than five times a day, every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment