Well, I think Sam may have said the funniest thing I've ever heard come out of his mouth today...except the "what I want to be when I grow up" story...did I ever post that? I need to look back and see...
Anyway...back to today....
I was getting frustrated with Sam this morning because he was lollygagging and I had asked him twice to take off his pajamas so I could get him dressed...and it was nearing time to leave for school (being up against the clock always does it to me)...and, well, I was just frustrated and nice mommy left the room for a moment...
And then Sam gets this ugly look on his face and tells me,
"Mom, I want you to go to heaven!"
Yep...I had to turn away and giggle...
I immediately interpreted that to mean he wanted me to die. He later told me he got mad at me because, "I was talking bad stuff to him." Another Samism..."talking bad stuff" or "talking bad things" is what Sam calls it when one of us gets onto him him or speaks to him in a firm voice.
When I told John the story, he said, "Well, I guess he doesn't know there's an alternative."
I think he's right...Sam probably would've told me to go somewhere else today if he'd known he could.
No comments:
Post a Comment