THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

This...Already?

I was getting dressed this morning and Sam was eager to get himself ready too (because a friend is coming over to play...not because he's eager to get himself dressed normally)...

"Mom, I brushed my teeth all by myself...tops and bottoms."

He disappears again for a few more minutes.

I go to find him in his room so I can give him the clothes I want him to put on...I smell something...not a bad smell...but something unusual...cleaner?...lotion?...I can't put my finger on it...

"Sam, did you spray something?"

"No, no mom!"

Hmmm...not quite sure still, but I sniff around and know I definitely smell something...

"Sam, did you put on some lotion or did you clean something?" I'm heading into the bathroom to investigate now.

"No, no mom!"

At this point I know something has been spread or sprayed somewhere...

"Sam, I know you used something, I need you to tell mom what it is."

"Well...okay mom...it's this..."

(pulls a spray bottle out of the drawer in his bathroom that has a child lock on it...yeah, those don't work here!)

"...I sprayed this all over me to smell good!"

Bug repellant!  It's bug repellant!

But no worries, it's made with essential oils and other natural ingredients.  So, other than smelling a little strange, all is well.

Really, he's far too young to be worried about smelling good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He sees you!