
Saturday afternoon...brainstorming...what should we take Sam to do this afternoon?...Dad's home...his choice (since I have to plan the outings 5 days a week)...The Aquarium...the big one! So yes, as I mentioned in my last post, it's on the expensive side...$16.95 for adults & $5 to park, but dad only gets to go out with us on the weekends. We sucked it up and did it...and I must say, it was well worth the money. It is a beautiful facility...very natural habitats and many different animals. We began on the third floor, in the canopy of the Rainforest...birds, monkeys, and you can look down below to the river. We then worked our way down through the understory, and then to the river. Beyond that are numerous large tanks of fish native to other countries and parts of the world, and then the massive underwater tunnel where we watched the sharks. We also walked outside in the penguin habitat, and finished up seeing a jaguar, flamingos, and the top of the shark tank where we got to watch a feeding. John and I decided the Aquarium probably has half the animals the Dallas Zoo has in a fraction of the space. (We were less than impressed with the zoo when we went out there a few months ago.) The Aquarium was very crowded, being a Saturday, so there were many things we didn't get to see or see for very long...Sam wanted to move along. But, I'm excited about having such a great Aquarium here that we'll be able to enjoy for many years.
Pictures on our photo website.
1 comment:
love the color pop you are getting with your new lens!
Post a Comment