
Ha! Not for me...I only wish! Sam got his new kitchen this week. Since John was somewhat receptive to the idea during our last conversation about a kitchen for Sam, I decided to just order it and have it show up at our front door...then what would he do?...make me send it back? No way! Actually it wasn't as big an issue for him as he first made it to be. I think the fact that I found a cool ,red, retro looking (non-feminine...no curtains, flowers, or pink) toy kitchen made it all okay. He really understood the point I made about Sam wanting (and needing) to model what we do...and we spend most of our time in the kitchen. So it's only natural for Sam to want to cook too. Yes, the girls will thank me later!
I chose the Kitchen Set by Plan Toys because I love their stuff...organic rubberwood, non-formaldehyde glue, water based dyes and ink, soy ink, recycled and recyclable materials...and it looks great! There's also a Dishwasher Set and Refrigerator that we'll consider adding later. (I really think he'd like to frig with some play food to put in it...he can't. stay. away. anytime someone opens the frig at home!)
There are a few more photos on our Kodak Gallery page in the January 2008 album.
1 comment:
So cute!! I have had my eye on the Melissa and Doug kitchen, but I really like the retro look of this one. Gabby loves to play pretend with her toy dishes... walking around the house stirring up imaginary concoctions and feeding all of us. So at some point I think we will be investing in a little kitchen (and like with you guys, we will probably have to balance it out with a tool bench!)
Post a Comment