The State Fair of Texas was last month, and we were very excited to be able to take Sam this year (and him be old enough to enjoy it). John took off an afternoon and we set out. But only in Texas would we be in shorts and sweating, seeking out the shade trees, in October.Sam had a great time, but I can't believe how expensive it was!...and we didn't even eat anything more than some ice cream, a pretzel, and we bought some bottles of water. Really, I'm embarrassed to even tell you how much we blew. The biggest expense, obviously, were the rides. And since Sam wasn't tall enough to ride most of them alone (he could only ride the swings alone), John or I had to ride with him...and we had to buy a ticket to do that...there wasn't even a discount for parents riding with a child. I don't remember now what we fingured each ride cost us, but it was absurd!
So, I've finally edited and uploaded our Fair pictures to our KodakGallery (password is our last name, case sensitive)...one set of pictures marked off the 'to-edit' list (although this is becoming a 'need to do' since we're about to leave for vacation and I want ALL my current pictures edited before I take hundreds more on vacation).
2 comments:
I am not sure what is more impressive...your "as good as professional" photos, or the fact that you managed to only buy ice cream and a pretzel! I find I need to eat (or sample) at least 7 or 8 different food items each time I go! :)
where are you guys going on vacation now? I am jealous.
we aren't big state fair goers...I guess we should start taking Drew though since he will grow up here...
I agree with Dana's comments too!
Post a Comment