I can't get the creative juices flowing enough to compose a sweet letter to Sam in honor of his half birthday...I feel like I'm so behind with so many things these days...blogging, pictures, housekeeping, organization, yada, yada ya...
I'm instead posting a
25 Random (sweet, cute, amazing) Things about Sam (to Sam) a la Facebook:
1. You like to call a caboose (on a train) a cabox...and you are so right honey...that caboose is always in the shape of a box!
2. Macaroni and cheese is "mac n cheeseroni"
3. Although you used to be able to count from 1-10, you now count...one, two, flee, fibe, seben, eight, nine, TEN! (no 4 or 6...they are lost right now)
4. You love to be scared...like when mommy and daddy hide around a corner and jump out to scare you...you jump and get scared, but then you laugh and want to do it again, and again, and again...
5. And you love to hide. But you always hide in the same two places...behind the curtains in your room, and on the floor between your train table and the wall.
6. Your two favorite songs to sing are I Like Trucks from the Kidsongs videos that mommy and Auntie Kate watched growing up, and The Wheels on the Bus. I Like Trucks is definitely your #1. You know all the words to the song, but you also like to make up different, random, words that usually have something to do with whatever you happen to be doing at the time and sing them to the tune of I Like Trucks.
7. You still LOVE to be outside...would be out there every day, all day, no matter what the temperature is, if we could.
8. You get called a girl by almost every person over the age of 65 because mommy likes to keep your hair long...well, just not short...not long like a girl...but...you'll just have to look back at pictures. And I don't dress you anything like a girl!!! Really, honey, they're the crazy ones! You do. not. look like a girl! Strange thing is that this didn't start until just a few months ago. You were recently called a "pretty girl", by a woman, to which you responded, "Mommy a girl!" while pointing at me.
9. You like to tell girls wearing dresses and floral prints that they're pretty..."pretty like a flower" you say. The other day Jensen and Hudson's mommy walked into music class and you said "her pretty!" I'm not completely sure where this came from but I think it started when your Auntie Kate taught you to say "you pretty like a flower mommy" a few months ago.
10. You love to pick flowers and give them to people...mostly me...muah!...but sometimes other people too.
11. You can accurately name every kind of truck or construction vehicle there is, and you have no problem correcting someone who has called one the wrong name. And if you say you see one, there is definitely one somewhere in the vicinity whether or not the rest of us have spotted it. You also love pointing out UPS and FedEx trucks.
12. You love to go to Whole Foods to "get cheese". They always have samples out and they're always the highlight of our trip to the grocery store.
13. You think it's hilarious to throw articles of clothing across the room when someone is trying to dress you...it's soooo extremely frustrating, but getting upset about it just makes you throw more things and farther...oh, this is one of the most annoying things you do and I can't wait until you grow out of it.
14. Today you started wearing underwear...we are 100% totally and completely potty training now. I didn't plan it for your half birthday, but this is the day we chose (due to activities for you and us) and I just noticed that it is THE day of your half-birthday.
15. You have an freakishly good memory and will often randomly bring something up 2-3 weeks after you've first seen or heard it...but you can't remember the numbers 4 and 6!?!?!
16. You've still never had a babysitter other than your grandparents.
17. You can unlock my phone...no one taught you how to do it, but you picked it up and figured it out one day.
18. You can finish my sentences with a word or two when I pause because I've forgotten what I was going to say.
19. You are extremely observant. You notice everything around you and like to talk about all of it.
20. You are very empathetic and always ask, "You okay?" when someone hurts themselves or sounds like they've hurt themselves.
21. "What'd you do?" is another of your latest things...if anyone drops something or makes a loud noise you always ask, "What'd you do?"
22. You love to "go eat", not at home, but out to eat. Anytime we're out and about and we tell you it's time to eat you think we're going to a restaurant. When we tell you we're going home, it always causes tears. Your favorite places to eat are Eatzi's and Purple Cow.
23. You love to drive the car. You could sit in the car for hours pushing buttons, turning knobs, and playing with the air vents while you "drive" places.
24. Your favorite toys are still your cars and trucks.
25. You've recently started asking people to leave you alone...well, sort of. You'll tell us to "go back in the kitchen" (while you're playing in the living room), or go back inside (while you're playing outside). The first time you did this was because you wanted daddy to leave the room so you could continue with something you weren't supposed to be doing. Since then you've done it just because you want to play by yourself.
Words to best describe you right now are: sweet, happy, friendly, outgoing, adventurous, active, busy, musical, talkative, independent.
Happy Half-Birthday little guy!
1 comment:
so many of these ring true in our house too. It is so fun having little boys that are the same age!
Post a Comment