Sit tight for a little history so you'll understand this one...
Sam is really into "matching" things lately. He likes to tell me "this matches mommy" when he sees two things that are like color, size, shape, etc. Well, I used this a few weeks ago after I got in the shower and realized my shower gel was empty. (Our dressing/sink/counter area and toilet/shower room are separate in our bathroom.) I knew there was a new bottle sitting on the bathroom counter but did. not. want to step out of the comforts of my shower to get it, soooo... "Sam...Sam...come here...mommy needs your help..." (This probably kept him from getting into something else.) "You see this bottle...go find the MATCH on the counter in there..." "No, honey...that's dental floss...that doesn't match...no...that's a brush...that doesn't match..." Then I hear, "I FOUND THE MATCH!!!" And yes, he brought me my bottle of shower gel...I love toddlers for this!
Fast forward a week or so...
I'm drying my hair, finish, and then realize...hmmm...I don't hear Sam. I walk out of my bedroom and as I'm passing the laundry room I'm startled by a little two year who I too just startled...you know that little jump when they get caught doing something they're not supposed to...oh yes. And he immediately says, "I FOUND THE MATCH!!!" while holding up my old bottle of shower gel. And he's standing in bathroom trash that is strewn from one end of the laundry room to another...yes, filthy, gross bathroom trash...it was WAAAYYYYY too much information to post a picture of! The day before I had bagged the trash and put it in the laundry which is on the way to the garage that is on the way to the ally where the garbage cans are...I just forgot to actually put it in the garage, and little Sam thought it looked interesting.
This one I do have a picture of...

On this particular day I was just trying to get my make up on when I heard the clanking of dishes in the kitchen. I then remembered I had left Sam's "watch tower" (kitchen helper) out...dishes clanking...water running...sigh...what a mess this will be. When I walked into the kitchen Sam sweetly told me, "My washing dishes for you mommy." Now really...could I even be upset for a minute!?!?!?. Ohhhhh, never mind the fact that he was playing with a knife or had a large pool of water on the floor...or was drenched himself...he was washing dishes for me!
3 comments:
I am impressed with him finding "matches" now! and what a sweeeetie doing dishes for you!
So thats why you wer not complaining about me comming over. Sam took over my JOB!
Your kid cracks me up :) That is so precious that he was washing dishes for you!
Post a Comment