AM underwear count: 2
PM underwear count: 1 (the same second pair from the morning)Timer Intervals: 30 minutes-1 hour
Well, we had the dreaded poop accident this morning...it was the only accident today. Luckily we were home and it all stayed in his underwear, so clean up was relatively easy. But, he did. not. like it and I had a hard time getting him to even walk to the bathroom. I'm interested to see where it goes from here. Aside from that, we had another great day. (And our schedule today had us out of the house from 10:00-6:00...see next post...we didn't even get to come home for a nap today!) Let me tell you something...the child can HOLD IT! He's really only going every couple of hours. After peeing, I usually wait about an hour or so (depending on how much he's had to drink) and then take him to the potty...he usually doesn't go, but then I take him at 30 minute intervals until he does go. Twice today, two hours had passed without peeing so I made him go (with a mini chocolate chip). And during one of those times he'd had 12 ounces of water! It seems like he got my teacher bladder! On the evening of 'Day 3' I went to a PTA event. I was talking to some of the moms there about our horrible first two days and the great day we'd just had. They said, "Oh, you're done!...You're over the hump...The worst of it's behind you." I laughed and just kind of brushed it off thinking they were crazy...it really couldn't be that easy. But, I'm beginning to wonder if they were right. We definitely still have some things to master...the public potty, standing up, pooping, telling us he needs to go...but, I really thought we would have at least a couple of weeks like days 1 & 2 (remember 11 underwear on Day 2!). It seems that Sam is taking to this much better than I thought he would, and I am soooooooo pleased. Maybe God is cutting us a little slack now since we had such a difficult infancy. Whew...I'm thrilled about it!
Another few things I've found/added to our potty "bag" (of tricks):
-(in the back of the truck with the little portable potty) A roll of paper towels and all-purpose cleaner to clean out the potty after use. I was dumping then using wipes, but because they're already wet, they don't seemed to do anything but move the pee around....grossed me out.
-(also in the back of the truck) A roll of small garbage bags for the dirty paper towels, and to use when the time comes that Sam does poop in the potty (I can pick it up with a plastic bag like doggie poop).
-Potty targets to use in big (public) potties to try to encourage Sam to go. I think they're really designed for boys to perfect their aim when standing, but we're trying this since he seems to have an aversion to the big potty.
2 comments:
This is what we do with our "car potty" (basically b/c it's free and it works). We use wal-mart sacks to line the potty. After they go, you can just tie it up and trash it at the next stop. Sometimes they have little holes at the bottom, so you could still throw a paper towel in the bottom to prevent anything from leaking out.
Love that recycling! ;) I love this idea...I seem to be collecting quite a few "necessities" in the back of the car! Ugh!
Post a Comment