THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sam's First "Job"

Today we got to participate in a photo shoot for the Play Wisely program. Sam's coach, Patty, the creator is putting together new marketing materials for the program and asked us to participate in the shoot. When I told John's mom about this, she asked if Sam was going to be the new poster child for Play Wisely...Ha!...Unfortunately I had to explain to Gran that he may be ONE of the "poster children" if one of his shots makes it to the final product. It wasn't a paid job, more of a favor, but it ended up being a lot of fun. Last week when Patty asked our class to participate in this shoot, I really thought she said it was just going be someone taking pictures of us, at his studio, while we did our class. No big deal right?...and definitely no reason to delay the start of potty training (it crossed my mind because I was trying to stick to only normal activities, but I thought we'd manage). And then, Tuesday night ("Day 3"), I got our two page instruction sheet/schedule! Uhhh...wait a minute! Let me try to quickly summarize:
12:00, (Jennifer) arrive with clean face for make up application...1-1:30, video of class...1:30-3:30, individual activity shots...3:30-4, extra shots as needed...wear jeans or slacks with solid top...bring extra tops (stylist to make selections)
Uh, can you say panic!?!?!? I was really stressed...what to wear, how to keep Sam's clothes dry...no nap...Oh, can you feel the stress? However, I felt obligated to follow through with my commitment and didn't want to back out on her the day before the shoot.
And all the worrying was for nothing. It was a great experience and so much fun. The kids had a play area to use while they were waiting to be called for their shots (I also had a bag of toys), there was food available, the photographer was easy to work with...and the best part...Sam stayed dry the whole time (only peeing in his little portable potty I'd brought inside) and showed not one sign of being tired. My dad went with us to feed Sam lunch while I had my make up applied...it was airbrushed, a first for me, and really neat! Sam was used for 4 or 5 (I can't remember) of the individual action shots. The photographer had his camera wired to the computer, so I got glimpses of the shots!...AMAZING! I'd love to buy one from each series he did to frame and hang in the playroom, but I don't think I'll be able to. I at least hope to get a copy of the final product if Sam's in it.
Oh, and before this all began, I took Sam for a haircut this morning (stayed dry there too).
And it should be noted that Sam was in bed, sound asleep, by 6:20! Whew...we were both glad for that!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

wow, I hope we get to see some of the shots, sounds amazing!

David and Melody said...

You are a rock star! I am so excited that it's going so well! I will definitely come back to this soon!! Oh...one thing...we were in BRU the other day and my husband saw the potty targets. He said that his mom used cheerios b/c they were cheap...possible idea?! :)
(Probably one of the only good ones I get from my MIL...ha...oops...did I say that??)