THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas

I had planned to do a "Christmas in Pictures" post but just realized, I don't have many pictures.  I always find it hard to be in the moment and enjoy it while also trying to capture it all on camera...and remember to video those must-video moments.

So, here are pictures from the very beginning of our day...which I just realized, after uploading them to post, that only ONE came from my camera.  Maybe my New Year's Resolution should be to document in photos better...if only I made New Year's Resolutions.

Christmas was much more magical this year for Sam.  After watching the Polar Express...oh, 50 or so times...and visiting Santa to make sure he knew what he wanted, Sam was 100% into Christmas this year.  I'm just glad that the Polar Express is only coming down our ally and keeping Sam awake one night a week now...it must be going to the roundhouse soon to park until next December, right?


Sam, waking...Ben slept in an extra 30 minutes.

Two of the things Sam asked Santa to bring him...a trailer and garbage truck...
and Sam having a fit because Ben is touching his truck.

Santa also brought Ben his very own garbage truck to play with...which Sam has decided he likes.

Sam also asked Santa for an electric guitar.
Thank goodness Nana and Pappi have stayed in contact Santa because they had already bought him one...and one of the pictures I failed to get was Sam in his new cowboy hat and boots playing his guitar.

Video chat with Aunt Liz who was in Philly (during the crazy snowstorm) with her boyfriend and his family...Sam is petting one of their kitty cats.

My little snugglebug...seriously, he is so good at this!

I failed to get a picture of our wonderful Christmas brunch.  We've tried various Christmas Day meals...traditional, mexican, breakfast, brunch...just trying to figure out what works best for our family.  I think I'm voting for brunch next year!  Loved it!

We also went to see Little Fockers on Christmas night...I like the Christmas night movie tradition.

I love Christmas, the season, the decorations, the music, baking, the cool weather.  And now that we have a birthday right in the middle of it all, it's even more special.  Unfortunately, this year, I learned this all means it's an extra busy time of year for me.  I used to be able to take a very day-by-day approach to the Christmas season.  Next year, my goal is to have everything planned and in order before Thanksgiving so I can enjoy the month of December a little more.

The decorations are all packed away and I'm missing the smell of a Christmas tree in my house.

No comments: