Another Sam-school story from his teacher at pick-up today...
The class was sitting on the rug today and his teacher was letting them pick a favorite song to sing. If you know Sam, you know where this is going...
She got, "Twinkle Twinkle" and other standard kid songs, then got to Sam (he was the last one).
He said, "Can I pick a song I like to sing?". She said, "Sure, like maybe Row Row Row Your Boat." He said, "No," and then busted out his air guitar, and started making guitar sounds, and then started singing "City of New Orleans" (his current favorite song).
The kids started laughing...he didn't care...he just continued...and she stopped the giggling/laughter by saying, "I can't hear." Then they all stopped and listened to him...gave him their full attention. He finished the first verse and paused and they clapped and his teacher told him that was great...to which he responded, "I'm not finished..." and kept he going...sang the whole song for them.
We sure do hope Sam stays this way forever...he is one confident little man who loves his music! Just last night John commented about the fact that he always has a song in his head. At least we won't ever have to worry about figuring out what motivates him.
No comments:
Post a Comment