It's amazing the difference three weeks makes in the life of a 11-12 month old. I can remember feeling the same way when Sam was this age...so much change, making life so much more adventurous every day!
In the last three weeks Ben has started walking...I guess...well, sort of...he takes 5-10 steps and then falls. He took his first 5 steps on December 8, and although he's pretty good for about 5-10 steps, we haven't had that "take off" moment that I remember so well with Sam. (Sam took about 20 steps across our bedroom the week of his first birthday, and then there was no looking back.) And, oh, you can see the desire to walk in him...he wants to so badly.
He's acquired a handful of words (and daddy feels much better now...he was worried about him not talking yet)..."Ma" is now "mama", "Da" for daddy, he's said "Tuck" a few times for Tucker, and even one day said "ta tu", copying my sister who said "thank you" to him. He's signed "milk" a few times and has the "more" sign down, although I think he just uses that for "eat".
We've also gotten rid of all bottles, formula, baby cereal, sippy cups, and frozen pureed baby food. Ben eats whatever we eat and became a self-taught straw cup drinker by stealing his brother's water off the table. He has such a huge appetite. (I also remember this with Sam at this age.) A couple of nights ago John commented on Ben's appetite saying he thinks HE would be satisfied eating the amount of food Ben eats.
I guess I have to say that my baby is now a toddler...I don't know...maybe not just yet? *tear*
No comments:
Post a Comment