THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Monday, February 25, 2008

Hunting Practice

Yesterday Aunt Kristen brought over some plastic eggs, and I got out Sam's Easter Bucket (Basket) so we could start practicing for Sam's first Easter Egg Hunt. Aunt Kristen had the idea...A great one, I must say. She thought we should teach Sam that he's supposed to pick up the brightly colored eggs and put them in his basket.
Oh the first "hunt" was confusing...he had no idea what to do. (I'm glad we got that out of the way at home.) By the third "hunt", he was getting excited each time he "found" an egg.
I registered him for the member's Easter Egg Hunt at the Arboretum. I had to register Sam, and each of the adults too (buy our tickets)...1 child and 10 adults. Yes, 10. I'm afraid my phone's going to ring in a few days and they'll be calling to ask if I made a mistake on my registration form. Oh no, 10 is right...mom and dad, 5 grandparents, and 3 of his aunts...quite an audience for a 1 year old. He IS the first grandchild going on his first Easter Egg Hunt...it's a BIG deal!
Even dad (John) asked, "What's he going to wear?"...shhh...don't tell him I told you that! Although it's probably because he's afraid that I'm going to put in him a one-piece JonJon with white knee high socks again this year.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Drew had the same outfit last year and Will was relieved this year when I bought linen pants and a shirt and tie!