My friend Rachael tagged me...so, here are six random thoughts/quirks/habits about me:
1. I hate for digital volume and temperature to be odd numbers (except 5)...meaning, when I set the temperature in the car or change the volume on the TV, I need the number to end in a 0, 2, 4, 6, 8, or 5...no 1, 3, 5, or 7! So if the volume is on 54 and I need to turn it down a little, I'll go to 52 or 50...not 53 or 51. If the temp in the car is on 70 and I want to warm it up, I'll go to 72 or 74, and 75 would be okay too...I'm not sure my husband even knows this about me.
2. I can't sleep unless I'm lying down...no chairs, airplanes (even on a long flight), cars...I must be lying down. Preferably a bed or couch, but the floor works too.
3. I could be a vegetarian. If someone told me tomorrow that I could never eat meat again, I would not miss a beat. I don't dislike meat, but I don't crave it or consider it my favorite part of a meal. But I do sometimes crave dishes with meat in them (most of which could probably be made without meat and still satisfy me). Ironically, when I was pregnant, I had a hard time eating meat at all...some nights I could get down 5 bites and other nights (actually many nights) I could not even stand the smell of the grill. This was difficult for my husband since typically we grill 1-3 nights a week.
4. I do. not. like chocolate cake!...I will eat it to be polite on certain occasions, but it's almost as bad as eating meat when I'm pregnant. I'm actually pretty quirky about chocolate...I like dark chocolate, LOVE fudge (although I'll choose a non-chocolate fudge over chocolate when there are multiple flavor choices), and I like fudgey candies, truffles, etc...brownies are okay if I'm in the right mood (but only if they're chewy, not cakey), milk chocolate's okay...but I really don't care for chocolate cake, and I don't do chocolate ice cream either.
5. I have a horrible cuticle-picking habit...especially this time of year because my hands are so dry! I used to bite my nails (terrible!...as bad as any you've probably ever seen) and I quit my senior year of high school when I got fake nails for a end of year "Ball"...they grew out and I just quit...cold turkey. That nail-biting habit later turned into a finger/cuticle-picking habit (also very bad). That is why you will always see my nails "done" with acrylic overlays. The overlays make my nails very thick and the tips less sharp...I'm not able to pick my cuticles with acrylic overlays. I know, I know, it's probably not good for me...the smell getting them done, or for the health of my nails. But, before I started keeping my nails "done", I'd have to wear band aids on up to 8 or 9 fingers at one time to cover my raw cuticles. Gross, I know...and probably too much info!
6. I love numbers!...I love doing our budget and I figure it to the penny...I never use rounded numbers (unless I'm trying to do something in my head, which strangely enough, I'm NOT good at)...I love finding what's "off" in our bank account...I will call a company about a bill and spend 15+ minutes on the phone for a $1 or $2 overcharge...When we bought our new truck, I spent hours crunching numbers comparing the new truck to the old truck and then took those numbers in to show the salesguy he was taking advantage of us...When I need to do some math, I will pick up pencil and paper before I will go get the calculator, even if it's sitting in the desk drawer next to me.
I'm tagging my friend, Beth...because she's a funny girl and I CAN'T WAIT to read some of her quirks!
2 comments:
#1-that is too funny!
#5-I DID always notice that your nails were ALWAYS done. I am glad to know that there is a reason, I was feeling neglectful of my own hands, lol!
thanks for playing along!
Wow, it must be that we have the math thing in common, but I can TOTALLY relate to numbers 1 and 6. I don't ever do math by hand (I use my trusty graphing calculator that is always in my purse- ha!) but I do love crunching some numbers!
Post a Comment