THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Friday, June 18, 2010

Ben's First Veggie

Ben had his first veggies today, carrots...and well, this picture says it all...


He cried when daddy moved the spoon away from his mouth to get more from the bowl...he loved it.  Next time I guess I'll give him something that doesn't taste as good.  We should get some good faces out of that.  While I was making these carrots, I told Sam that Ben was about to eat some carrots...he panicked..."No mom, no, Ben can't have carrots!"  I had to explain that Ben was getting bigger and it was time for him to start trying some "baby food".  He was very excited that Ben got to eat carrots today.  He sat down at the table with him, with his own spoon, and wanted carrots too.  I had to let him try a bite of Ben's "baby food" carrots.  Sam's favorite veggies are broccoli and cauliflower so that's what he wants Ben to have next.  I guess I'll be picking up some extra broccoli and cauliflower at the store this weekend.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

my kids both made the *worst* faces when having carrots for the first time!