Sam went to Critters Buggin', insect, art camp last week at a local art studio. John is an artist...he CAN draw and paint, but he hides it. I am in no way artistic...I might be able to draw a stick figure. But, art is something I'd like the boys to be exposed to to see if they like it. Sam and I did a mom and me art class when he was two but it wasn't really the type of art class I was looking for. So, this summer I found an art camp for Sam to attend for a week. Not a huge commitment, but enough exposure to see if he's interested at all. He definitely wasn't begging to go every day, but he didn't complain about it, and while I'm not sure he had as much fun as he will swimming (that boy-fine motor/gross motor thing), he was very proud of the work he brought home...as were we...the frame for his painting is being made now and the other two pieces have found special places to be on display in the playroom.
a butterfly that Sam made out of clay and painted...
a dragonfly made from paper mache (with help from the teacher since Sam didn't like the feel of the gooey paper mache strip), painting all by Sam...
drawing (with guidance from his teacher) and painting by Sam...
No comments:
Post a Comment