THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Little Blue and Little Yellow

Little Blue and Little Yellow is a book by Leo Lionni.  Last week, Sam and I read this book and then I decided we'd each recreate our family like the families in the book.  Tissue paper would have been neat to play with color blending...or colored transparent sheets (although those wouldn't have torn)...but all I had was construction paper.  I had no idea what a great fine motor activity paper tearing is.  Sam really struggled with it.  Surprising, because I'm sure there have been plenty of things he's torn up before with ease!

Sam's family is in green and mine in purple.  I provided him no assistance and he wasn't overly concerned with looking at mine to see 'how to do it'...he made the papers/people the size he thought they should be and told me who each person was.  John and I are in the middle, he and Ben are together on one side of us and Tucker on the other side.


No comments: