Yeah, so he was a little scared of the dinosaurs!Last month when my mom was in town, we took a trip to The Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary. I'd been wanting to go for a while and was just waiting for it to cool off a little. Right now, through December 31, they have a life-size Animatronic Dinosaur exhibit. The dinos were very neat, but very life-like and scary to Sam...my mom and I had to carry him past each one with his head buried in our chests. They have the dinosaurs along one of the trails, some were even hiding in the bushes. But aside from being terrified he had fun!...no really, he did. The trails were beautiful. They also have some animals and had butterflies at the time we went. It's is the best place I have found in the Dallas area to be outside in a natural environment. It reminds me of the places we go camping.
This weekend, The Heard is staying open late, Saturday from 6:00-10:00, for a special Halloween Family Fun Night. There will be trick-or-treating along the trail with the dinosaurs, a costume contest, and they will be showing the movie Casper. We won't be there, for obvious reason...but, it sounds like a fun time! And I think we'll make a daytime trip again soon to walk a non-dinosaur trail and see the animals.
More pictures on our photo page. (password is our last name)
No comments:
Post a Comment