THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Dr. Meg Meeker right now and tonight...

My mom just called me to tell me Dave Ramsey has Meg Meeker on his show today (John and I are huge fans of Dave Ramsey).
Mom said, "turn on the show...she's talking about how much ADHD is over diagnosed...7 times more boys are diagnosed than girls...boys need to play outside...she's talking about video games and TV"...mom was talking fast and I was trying to pull up the live feed of the radio show while I'm on the computer and Sam's napping. Since I've turned on the show, Dr. Meeker is answering callers' questions...I've heard her say..."kids need to deal with boredom...kids need to spend more time at home...many kids are over scheduled...one extra-curricular activity per child per season...parents are the strongest influence in a child's life"...Anyway, I'm loving her message and she has a couple of books that sound wonderful, Boys Should be Boys: 7 Secrets to Raising Healthy Sons and Strong Fathers Strong Daughters: 10 Secrets Every Father Should Know.

From Dr. Meeker's website:

Boys Should Be Boys: 7 Secrets to Raising Healthy Sons
What are little boys made of? It used to be frogs, snails, and puppy dog tails, but today it is MTV, ADD, and STDs. So how do parents raise their sons to be respectful and responsible young men despite a toxic culture that relentlessly undermines masculine virtues such as moral strength, self-restraint, and respect for women? By letting boys be boys. Dr. Meg Meeker, bestselling author of Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters, follows up her success with Boys Should Be Boys--a guide for parents on how to raise a strong son in these turbulent times. Taking readers on a journey from boyhood to manhood, Boys Should Be Boys delves into the mind, heart, and spirit of boys, showing parents how they can make a difference between the boy their son is and the man he will become. "Boys will be boys"--Dr.Meeker shows why it is not just an expression, it's a necessity.

And Dr. Meeker will be on Dave Ramsey's show tonight on the Fox Business Network, 7 pm (CST)

No comments: