THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Monday, October 6, 2008

Ruffy

Ruffy is the name of Sam's first self-named (other than Sam) toy...let me explain...
Sam has always named toys his own name. If he's playing with a horse, or stuffed animal, etc. and we ask him what the animal's name is, he always says, "Sam"...we all get a laugh out of everything being named Sam. There are also those that one of the adults in his life have named..."Puff" the magic dragon, "Ducky" the duck, "Monkey" the monkey...and he calls those by the names we've given them. But today he was playing in his playroom and I heard him talking about "Ruffy". I've never heard of Ruffy...I don't even think he's ever heard the word "Ruffy"...totally made up. So I look to find him holding a toy dog (that he is calling Ruffy) and he's taking Ruffy to Tucker's (our dog) water bowl to get a drink.
This was pretty exciting to me. Not only did he name a toy something other than Sam, but it's a very logical name!

No comments: