THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Happy Anniversary

This is our anniversary weekend...our 4th anniversary was Thursday, the 16th. We treated ourselves, my surprise to John, to a night away...a REAL treat considering we haven't had a night away or morning to sleep in since having Sam over 2 years ago. We've each been away for various reasons with friends or family, but not together.
But first I have to explain the picture...this is the card I gave John...AND...he bought me the same card! Is that not the craziest thing? Definitely one for the storybook. Although, there is a story with it. My dad has taught Sam this phrase, "I love you this much" and any time anyone tells him they love him, he quickly follows up with a "this much!" He also loves to throw his arms out and spin around when he says it. So, when I saw this card, even though it had a pink heart on it, I couldn't find a more perfect one...and John felt the same way, said "it was a no brainer".
Friday night we had reservations for dinner at The French Room, a very well-known Dallas restaurant....it's won numerous awards and is home to a famous chef, Jason Weaver. It was truly the most beautiful place I've ever seen. I couldn't stop staring at the mural on the ceiling or the gorgeous chandeliers, and the food was good...not the best food I've ever eaten in my life, but very good. John knew about the dinner reservation, we picked the place together, but he didn't know we were going to stay downtown that night too. I had planned to tell him as soon as he got home from work. I had everything worked out...my dad was here to spend the night with Sam...on Thursday I even called the scheduler at John's office to ask her if John could be finished by 2:00 on Friday. She told me it wasn't a problem. There was lots going on in the morning but everyone (all 25 or so of them) should be finished by 1:00 or 2:00. I thought we'd go down early, hit happy hour at the hotel bar, and then get ready for dinner. Wouldn't you know, Murphy changed that! I started texting John around 1:00 to see how his day was going. I knew then he wouldn't be finished by 1:00 or 2:00...but, guess when he finished!?!?...4:30! Of course there was nothing I could do about it, and we made it work but it wasn't what I had planned. John actually said he was the last case going in the entire building! Almost comical.
After getting there, quickly getting dressed, and having our wonderful dinner, we changed clothes and walked around the block to a little bar. We stayed the night at the Adolphus, where The French Room is located, and then Saturday morning we didn't get out of bed until after 10:00! So nice! We even stopped to have a late, noon-time, breakfast at Cafe Brazil (one of our favorites) on the way home. This was a much needed break and we enjoyed it so much. I recommend a night away (in town or out) to every couple with kiddos!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

oh how nice. I think it is going to be a long time before I get a night away with Camden's impeding arrival! sounds like a great anniversary!